I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed. - Robert Frost

Monday, September 6, 2010

a letter to habit

Dear Habit,
I don’t even notice you anymore. And I apologize. Your presence gives me some kind of subconscious comfort though, and I guess I should thank you for that. However, your constant existence in my world has taken on, maybe just a slight, destructive hold on me.

Hold on, lets be real, it’s more then slight. And it’s becoming apparent that I need to be better without you. You’ve been my safe ‘go-to’ place for so long, that I’ve become stuck with you. It’ll be scary, and ill probably come back a few times, please don’t take it personally when Ill leave you again., though. Because I will.

So thanks.. for being there. But at this point, if I don’t, can’t, appreciate you anymore, I’d say its time to part ways then. So I can grow on alone, and make room for other habits, that I can learn to love and appreciate the way I once did you.

Love, ..always
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment